There can occur certain times when users might see a message in QuickBooks that the “Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed”. This error message can be caused by technical problems that may in turn create an issue in the network. There are more such causes for a username login failure to occur in this accounting software. To fix it, you may go for downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub application. Quick Fix My Program needs to be run through this app.
The post will help you in knowing more about the causes for the occurrence of this username login failure. Additionally, the different fixes for resolving this error shall also be shared with you.
- Causes for QuickBooks Username Login Failure
Causes for QuickBooks Username Login Failure
The “QuickBooks: The Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed” error message can have several causes behind it. One of them can be a network problem due to a technical issue. More causes for the QB username login failure are shared below:
- Your accountant may make use of the Remote Access option for the account. Due to this, the company file may not get logged out from an earlier session. Hence, the failure of login may arise.
- If a user logs in himself/herself from another workstation in the company file, then this problem can come up.
Fixing “QuickBooks the Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed” Message
Many times users may undergo problems while logging in to their QuickBooks account. To fix such an error, you can download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and then install it. The other troubleshooting measure for the issue can be logging in as another user or restoring the QB company file’s backup. You can even restart the server, along with the company file, to get rid of the login failure trouble.
The various ways to fix the message “The Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed in QuickBooks” are given below.
Fix 1: Implement QuickBooks Tool Hub Application
It can be useful to download the Tool Hub application if the attempt to log in with the username failed in QuickBooks. You need to close down QB and download the version of QuickBooks Tool Hub which is the latest. Then you have to implement its Quick Fix My Program feature to proceed.
These directions can help you to fix the issue when there is a username login failure:
- Shut down the “QuickBooks” application.
- Then you have to download the latest version of “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- The file of this tool needs to be saved properly at a location that is easy to find on your PC.
- Move to “Home”.
- Now, the file for “QuickBooks Tool Hub” that you have downloaded is to be opened.
- Keep following the prompts that are displayed on the screen for installing the QB tool.
- Agree to the tool’s “Terms and Conditions”.
- After the installation is complete, tap two times on the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” icon for opening it.
- In case you are unable to find the icon, go for the “Program” field and type it.
- Once this is done, go to the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” application.
- Choose “Program Problems”.
- Press “Quick Fix My Program”.
- Visit “QB”.
- Login to your “Company File”.
You will now find that the error message has been resolved.
Fix 2: Logging in as Another User
There might be chances that your user account may be facing problems due to which you may be unable to log in to QuickBooks. You can try logging in with the ID of another user in case the message “The Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed in QuickBooks” keeps appearing. Then check whether the error has been resolved or not.
Note: In case the error is still not solved, try contacting the customer care service provided by Intuit QuickBooks.
Fix 3: Restoring the Backup of Company File
In QuickBooks, if the attempt to log in with the username failed, users can take the help of the File menu to clear this error message. Go to your QB account and head to the File tab. Then tap on the Open or Restore Company button. Opt for the Restore a Backup Copy option to continue troubleshooting the problem.
Follow the remaining process to restore the backup of the QB company file and fix the login issue:
- As the first step, open “QB”.
- Move to “File”.
- Click on the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- Then press “Restore a Backup Copy”.
- Tap on “Next”.
- Pick the “Local Backup” button.
- Push the “Next” option.
- “Your Computer” is to be browsed for the backup of the company file.
- Now, choose the folder in which you want to save the company file that you have restored.
- Opt for “Open”.
- Once done, please hit “Save”.
Fix 4: Restarting the Server and QB Company File
Sometimes there can be issues related to the QB server which may make it difficult for a user to log in. For fixing the error related to login, you need to restart the server. You also have to restart and open your QuickBooks company data file. Then QuickBooks is required to be opened up on the workstation. After that, sign in to the company file and check the error. The message “The Attempt to Log in with the Username Failed in QuickBooks” should no longer exist.
Fixing the username login errors can be very important to smoothly run QuickBooks. We helped you in understanding the causes responsible for the issue. The post also made sure to discuss the different fixes when the attempt to log in with the username has failed in QuickBooks.