Providing accurate billing information is necessary while performing payroll tasks in QuickBooks. In addition to this, the payroll subscription needs to be taken care of as well. When any of the details in respect to the billing or payroll subscription have not been filled correctly, your software may start showing symptoms by not functioning smoothly. Due to this, you may have to face the QuickBooks error PS060.
Thus, to highlight the presence of the error, QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll may show an error message in its window. After confirming the PS060 error, you are required to re-check every detail relating to the payroll subscription and billing. You may also find many other fixes, according to the version of the accounting software. Making use of them can aid you in getting out of the PS060 issue.
1. Why am I Seeing the QuickBooks PS060 Issue?
Having your QuickBooks software updated to the latest release is quite necessary. It can become difficult for a user to work on it when the software has become out of date. Consequently, the Intuit software may stop supporting features like payroll and, thus, hamper your work. As a result, you may come across the QuickBooks error PS060.
Not limited to this, certain other possibilities too can be responsible for the PS060 issue:
- The accounting software may have been affected by some malicious malware/virus.
- Your software may have been operating in multi-user mode.
- A problem in the third-party security program may start affecting the QuickBooks software as well and develop the PS060 error.
- Its payroll subscription may not be activated.
- You may have entered the wrong billing information while purchasing or renewing the feature.
- The server of Intuit may not be working properly.
2. How to Solve QuickBooks Error PS060?
Tackling the error PS060 can become easier when the software is up to date. In case it isn’t, you need to install the most recent version and make it up to date. Users whose QuickBooks subscription has been over may also suffer from the PS060 issue. Thus, reactivating it can quickly eliminate the error. See to it that correct details are entered while renewing the subscription.
2.1) Fix 1: Install the Latest Updates
When you have been operating the accounting program for a long time without updating it to the latest, it may stop in the middle of some important work. As a result, you may have to undergo the QuickBooks error PS060. Thus, keeping it up to date is necessary so that you do not have to face the problem again. While updating the software, the Help feature will turn out to be helpful.
- Navigate to the “QuickBooks” program.
- On the home window, click on the “Help” tab.
- Then opt for “Update QuickBooks”.
- Pick “Update Now” in this step.
- For beginning the download process, tap on the “Get Updates” button.
- Follow each of the instructions that pop up on the window and provide your acceptance.
- Once done, the new version will start getting installed. It should be devoid of the PS060 error in QuickBooks.
2.2) Fix 2: Activate the QuickBooks Subscription
At times, unknowingly, it may slip from your mind to renew the payroll subscription to QuickBooks. It is because of this that your software may not operate efficiently. Hence, you may have to come across the QuickBooks error PS060. So, to get rid of the PS060 issue, it is essential to activate the subscription. The process of renewal can become easier when executed through the My Account section.
- From the “QuickBooks” window, tap on the “My Account” option located below the “Self-Service Subscription” tab.
- Now, opt for the company file, as well as the software, in which the PS060 issue has occurred.
- After this, head to the section “Billing”.
- Then press “Edit”.
- After this, you are required to verify the data.
- Next, you will have to confirm whether the subscription is active and has not expired.
- In case the subscription has expired, update and save the edits.
- Close down this window so that the changes are processed automatically.
- In this step, proceed to the “Preview” button and check the billing information one more time.
- Save the details.
After the procedure has been carried out, the payroll subscription will get activated. This may have in turn solved the QuickBooks error PS060. Thus, you can now start performing the payroll tasks again. Additionally, make sure to keep a check on the payroll subscription and reactivate it when it is about to end.
3. What are the Ways to Clear QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060?
While using the accounting software, it may suddenly pause and display an error notification that reads: ” Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable.” Such a situation may arise because of the QuickBooks Payroll errors like PS060. In case you have been experiencing the same, attempt removing all the junk files via Internet Explorer. Apart from this, you can even try to make changes in the settings of the Billing and Subscriptions sections in the software.
3.1) Fix 1: Clearing Junk Files through Internet Explorer
A vast amount of junk data may get stored while running several websites on the browser, Internet Explorer. When the data exceeds the limit, it may affect other software such as QuickBooks Payroll. Due to this, your program may not perform properly. Further, it may generate the QuickBooks Payroll error PS060 as well. Thus, clearing the junk files is very important to resolve the PS060 problem.
- “Internet Explorer” needs to be opened.
- Here, click on “Internet Options”.
- Then move to “Browsing History”.
- Next, in the “General” section, opt for “Delete”.
- Now, put a checkmark beside the following boxes:
- “Website Files”
- “Temporary Internet Files”
- In this step, hit the “Delete” option.
- Select “Ok” in this step so that the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060 is cleared.
3.2) Fix 2: Editing the Settings of Billing & Subscriptions
In QuickBooks Payroll, the Billing & Subscriptions section contains the record of each of the bills that are being sent as well as the subscriptions that have been purchased. However, at times, due to the occurrence of some issues in this section, the QuickBooks Payroll error PS060 may arise. As an outcome of this, your Payroll software may take time while you open it. Hence, modifying the Billing & Subscriptions Settings can help you in clearing the PS060 error.
- On the “QuickBooks Payroll” homepage, find and click on “My Account”.
- In this section, choose the company in which the edits are to be made.
- Head to the “Billing Section”.
- Here, press the “Edit” tab.
- Then you need to check each of the details properly before making modifications.
- Select the “Save” button.
- Now, close the window so that the payment details are updated.
- Have a look at the preview of the “Billing Details” and verify whether they are correct.
- After this, you are required to “Save” the edits that have been made.
- Lastly, sign out of the accounting software and restart it to remove the PS060 error completely.
4. Clearing Error Code PS060 in QuickBooks Desktop
When the symptoms of the error PS060 start showing up in the accounting program, users need to examine the billing details. Along with this, you are required to make sure that the payroll subscription is correct. Another way to solve the PS060 in QuickBooks Desktop can be processed by utilizing the tools present in the QuickBooks Tool Hub application. By running them, the PS060 issue may get repaired.
4.1) Fix 1: Checking the Billing & Payroll Subscription
Supposing that the information entered while billing or purchasing the subscription is incorrect, you may come through the error code PS060 in QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, it is critical to double-check all billing and payroll subscription information. While going through the details, you can rectify the ones that are void. For doing so, you need to make use of the Product & Services button available on the accounting software’s homepage.
- Head towards the “QuickBooks Desktop” window.
- Click on the “Product & Services” tab.
- Then choose the “Payroll Service” that is being used by you.
- After this, go to “Billing Information”.
- In this step, select “Edit” which is located beside the “Payment Method”.
- Now, you are required to mention the correct “Payment Information”.
- Move further to clear the QuickBooks error PS060 in Desktop by pressing the “Save and Close” tab.
- Ensure that each of the details regarding the “Payroll Subscription” has been verified.
4.2) Fix 2: Repairing QuickBooks Desktop via QuickBooks Tool Hub
In certain situations, QuickBooks Desktop may start undergoing the PS060 issue because of being affected by some virus/malware. At this point, you may take assistance from the QuickBooks Tool Hub application. It inspects and resolves the issues in the accounting program automatically. Firstly, you need to run the Quick Fix my Program tool. Doing so can clear the primary issue. After this, you are required to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool as well for fixing the PS060 error completely.
- Download and start running the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” application.
- Head to the “Program Installation Issues” button.
- Then tap on “Quick Fix my Program”.
- Wait for some time until the tool runs and fixes the issue affecting the software.
- Once this process is complete, move back to the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” present on the same “Tool Hub” page.
- Run it now to make sure that no complex issue is present.
- Open the accounting software and try running the “Payroll” now. This will verify the fix for the error PS060 in QuickBooks Desktop.
In Essence of the Above
In case you have not renewed the payroll subscription, it may stop functioning and flash an error note. With this, you’ll get to know that the software has been suffering from the QuickBooks error PS060. Besides this, several other reasons too can be a part of the development of the PS060 error code. Therefore, knowing about each of the causes from a deeper end can help you in resolving the issue. Executing the fixes as per its version can remove it in no time.