IND 515 is one issue that taxpayers often incur when filing their returns. This happens typically when their Social Security Number (SSN) has already been used on another tax return and is accepted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
It can be frustrating for taxpayers when this happens, but it is crucial to address it. So let us explore why this reject code happens and how you can resolve it.
What are the Causes of the IND-515-01 Rejection Code?
IND-515-01 can happen due to a duplicated Social Security Number (SSN), typically when someone else has already used your SSN to file a tax return. This could result from a mistake or an intentional act of fraud. There are a few reasons why this can happen:
- Simple error: Someone may have made a simple mistake when entering their SSN on their tax return, accidentally using your number instead of their own.
- Identity theft: Fraudsters can use stolen personal information, such as an SSN, to file a fraudulent tax return and claim a refund. Identity thieves may obtain your SSN through various means, including data breaches, phishing scams, or stealing personal documents.
- Clerical error: In rare cases, a tax return could be mistakenly assigned the wrong SSN due to a clerical error at the IRS or a tax preparer’s office.
Also, Know about What is IRS Reject Code IND-516-01?
Methods to Resolve Rejection Code IND 515
If you have received a Rejection Code IND 515, there are a few steps you can take to solve the issue:
Confirm the accuracy of your SSN:
Make sure that you have entered your SSN correctly on your tax return. It’s essential to check that the number you entered matches the one on your Social Security card.
Check if there is a mistake:
If you are confident that you have entered your SSN correctly, there may have been a mistake on someone else’s tax return, such as a typographical error or a fraudulent filing. In this case, contact the IRS to report the error and get guidance on resolving the issue.
File a paper return:
You may need to file a paper return if you cannot e-file your tax return due to the rejection. Make sure you include all necessary forms and documents and double-check that your SSN is correct.
Follow up with the IRS:
After taking the necessary steps to correct the issue, follow up with the IRS to ensure your tax return has been processed and accepted.
By taking the steps outlined above, you can resolve the IND-515-01 issue and get your taxes filed promptly and accurately.
Get info about How to Fix IRS Reject Code IND-163
Reject Code IND-515-01 in TurboTax
If you are using a program to file your taxes and receive IND-515-01 TurboTax, below are the steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Log in to your TurboTax account
- Review the rejection notice
- Correct your SSN
- Go to the section where you entered your personal information and update your SSN.
- Confirm your identity by entering your information.
- Resubmit your tax return.
A rejected tax return due to Code IND 515, relating to a duplicated Social Security Number (SSN), can be concerning. Hence, it’s essential to take prompt action to resolve the issue. By checking the accuracy of your SSN, reporting errors to the IRS, and resubmitting your tax return, you can get your taxes filed accurately and avoid further complications.
Frequently Asked Questions
IRS rejection code IND 515 relates to SSNs already used in tax returns.
The IRS may reject a tax return with IND 515 SSN already been used if the same SSN has been used on another tax return, either by the same taxpayer or by someone else.
Yes, this reject code can be corrected by contacting the appropriate authorities or double-checking your information.