Different types of transactions are recorded in QuickBooks. Some of them may have been cleared by the bank and the payments too may have been made. Besides this, there can be certain transactions that are still pending. To put in brief, these are the uncleared ones and can cause trouble in your account balance. It is necessary to clear the uncleared transactions for properly balancing the accounts. Thus you should find out how to remove uncleared transactions in QuickBooks. You will have to search for the Transactions tab in the accounting software. This tab contains the records of all the transactions. It will also help you in clearing the uncleared ones.
To understand this process in detail, you should first focus more on learning about such transactions.
What are Uncleared Transactions in QuickBooks?
In QuickBooks, uncleared transactions are considered to be those that have been recorded in the books of accounts but the bank has not cleared them yet. The bank may also be unaware of the payments in this case. Or, there may be some other reasons behind the payments not getting settled.
While trying to understand these transactions, you should know why they occur.
- Uncleared transactions can take place if a cash holder has not encashed a check.
- You may find them in case a duplicate entry is posted in the accounts by fault.
How to Clear Uncleared Transactions in QuickBooks?
When you need to remove uncleared transactions, make use of the Transactions option in QuickBooks. Choose the button for it and move to Sales entries from the drop-down. The transactions relating to sales will open on the page. Next, opt for the uncleared transaction that you want to delete. After that, a detailed view of the chosen transaction will appear on the screen.
You can also understand how to remove uncleared transactions in QuickBooks by going through the steps below:
- Launch the “QuickBooks” homepage.
- Here, tap on the “Transactions” button.
- In the available drop-down, opt for the “Sales” entries.
- All the transactions related to the sales will open up on the screen.
- Choose the uncleared transaction that is to be deleted.
- Once you pick the transaction, click on it.
- Then the transaction’s detailed view will appear on the page.
- Find and click on the “More” tab.
- Among the given options, press “Void”.
- Now, select the “Yes” button for completing the process.
This will make the selected transaction void and you will be able to delete the uncleared entries in your QB account.
In the End
The uncleared transactions in QuickBooks are the pending ones whose payments may not have been made. They have to be cleared for maintaining the books of accounts. An explanation about the uncleared transactions was provided in this blog. Along with this, the details for removing the uncleared transactions in the software should be useful. Any impact made by these transactions in an unlikely way can be fixed by removing them with the given method.