Every merchant would want to smoothen his/her tasks rather than spend hours on manual processes which require more time and serve fewer profits. The same can be held true for merchants who use Shopify. In addition, tracking the Shopify payout manually can be a frustration for some. Thus, Shopify QuickBooks integration can be the preference of every user.
By integrating QuickBooks with Shopify, you can export the Shopify sales to the QuickBooks account. As you sync both these platforms, the order data such as the line items and taxes are automatically sent to QuickBooks Online. To make this possible, QuickBooks has an integration service called Shopify for QuickBooks Online. However, you can browse other services that help you to add the app with Shopify and sync your data.
There are plenty of benefits of Shopify QB integration and this is what we will be discussing with you in this guide. Along with this, we will draw your attention to the benefits of Shopify and QBO integration and the procedure of integrating the apps. To know more in detail, continue reading this guide.
What is Shopify QuickBooks Integration?
The integration of Shopify with the QB program means the coming together of the two platforms. QB or QuickBooks Online integration with Shopify helps you to handle your business operations smartly. Be it exporting Shopify orders or account balances, the integration process sets everything at automation.
Not just only sales orders, Shopify and QuickBooks integration is highly beneficial to export fees, payouts, account summary, line items, or taxes. If required, then you can even export the Shopify orders as Sales Receipt in QuickBooks Online. With the automatic sync, customers, inventory, and shipping remain accurate and updated.
Benefits of Integrating QuickBooks with Shopify
As specified earlier, there are numerous advantages or benefits of integrating QuickBooks with Shopify. Once you sync your Shopify data with QuickBooks, it starts to serve you with the following advantages:
- Users can import order details, sales, and inventory automatically to the QuickBooks account.
- After syncing both the platforms, you can see the complete summary of the account balances including orders, the total value of orders, breakdown of products, and the margin of profits.
- Payouts and fees can be automatically recorded. This will largely help you not to miss out on any expense.
- Users can easily know if you owe any sales tax. The orders imported with the sales tax data show the amount that you owe or paid.
- Shopify and QuickBooks Enterprise integration saves time and effort as the automation process smartly works.
- Since there is robust synchronization, the probability of accounting errors will be minimal.
- Users can get detailed reports for each category whenever required.
- QB Enterprise and Shopify integration also help you to get a better grip on business net profits.
- It also serves smart ideas on categorizing the expenses and increasing the return on investments.
Apart from this, you can automate other businesses such as marketing, processing orders, SEO, social proofs, tracking orders, and much more.
How to Integrate QuickBooks with Shopify?
To begin with Shopify QuickBooks integration, you need to download the QuickBooks app in your Shopify Account. Once you add and install the app, you can select your payment plan. After accepting the terms and conditions, you can hit the Connect button with the QuickBooks button.
As you connect the QuickBooks account with Shopify, you can navigate through the payment settings, tax settings, customer export settings, and product export settings. Once you apply the right settings, the integration starts automating the tasks depending on the preferences you have made.
Have a look at the following steps to learn more on how to integrate Shopify and QuickBooks:
- Start by downloading and installing the “QuickBooks” app in the “Shopify” platform. Make sure you add the app from a trusted source.
- Then go to the “Add App” button.
- Click on the “Install app” option.
- Here, you can choose the preferred “Payment Plan”.
- Read the “Terms and Conditions” and accept the same.
- Select the “Connect with QuickBooks” button.
- As a pop-up window appears, it asks you to authorize Intuit so that it can share the data with QuickBooks Online and Shopify securely. Share it.
- At this point, you need to press the “Connect” button. Once you do so, you will be redirected to the Shopify platform.
- Now, you can choose the QuickBooks account that needs to be connected with Shopify.
- Here, move to the “Payment Fees Settings”.
- After that, switch to the other settings such as “Customer Export Settings”, “Tax Settings”, and “Customer Export Settings”.
Note: The tax settings will not link anything if you did not set up the taxes in QuickBooks. However, you need to set up the VAT in your QuickBooks before you choose the “HM Revenue & Customs (VAT)” option.
- After that, move to the “Export Settings” and its pricing plan.
- Then select the “Complete Setup” option.
After implementing these steps, you can open QuickBooks and check if Shopify gets successfully integrated with QuickBooks. In order to determine this, you can navigate to the Overview tab from the Company Setup section. Here, you will be seeing a message stating that you have added Shopify with QuickBooks.
Thereafter, you can continue using the app and set the preferences so that the integration can automate the business activities.
What is Shopify QuickBooks Integration Review?
Before proceeding with QuickBooks Desktop Shopify integration, most users prefer to check out its review. By checking the reviews for the same, they can get better insights into the benefits of integration.
You will be amazed to know that most users willingly use QuickBooks integration with Shopify as this saves time and sets the task at automation. This results in more profits and helps the user to be organized and more productive, as can be said on the basis of the reviews of this integration.
Tip for Readers
There are numerous apps that can be used to integrate Shopify with QuickBooks Online. All you are required to do is choose the right app that suits your budget and business requirements. We suggest you conduct research and add the appropriate app and connect it with your QuickBooks account. As you add the app, move to the admin panel of your Shopify account to verify if the app has been added successfully. Thereafter, you can make your smart business moves by automating services.
In this blog, we educated you about what integration between QuickBooks and Shopify means. We explained numerous benefits that can be accessed with this integration. In addition to this, you received guidance in integrating Shopify with this accounting software. We believe that as you start integrating and accessing the benefits of this integration, your review of the same will also be positive.
For first-time users of QuickBooks, we know an easier way to integrate this Intuit software with Shopify. At Conectier, we have come up with a platform that enables easy integration of QB with Shopify. To know more about how we can help you, consider getting connected with us.