QuickBooks is a robust accounting program, yet it still encounters unavoidable technical issues. Though some errors can easily be fixed manually by simply following the instruction displayed on the screen, others are complex and require the help of a professional expert.
One such error that users often find difficult to fix is the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085. This error usually occurs when users try to launch the QB desktop application. In this post, we shall look into the causes and symptoms of this error and troubleshooting methods to fix the same. But before proceeding, we shall understand what is QB web connector.
- What is QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC)?
- What Factors Cause QBWC1085 Error in QuickBooks?
- What are the Symptoms of QB Error QBWC1085?
- What is the Error Message Shown When Faced with QBWC1085 error QuickBooks?
- What are the Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
What is QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC)?
Before we begin to discuss the ways to fix QuickBooks error QBWC1085, it is best to understand what QuickBooks web connector is. It is an application developed by Microsoft that enables users to share information between the program and QBO hosted on the web seamlessly. Since QBWC is an application, it is subjected to receiving errors like any other computer program.
Even being a web-based program that allows the exchange of data with QB products. However, both application uses local networks which allows QBXML and QBPOSXML between the accounting software, the QB POS, and web-based application. When the file name QWCLOG.TXT is damaged or corrupted the error QBWC1085 occurs.
What Factors Cause QBWC1085 Error in QuickBooks?
Since the web connector is responsible for the transfer of data. However, there are several reasons that it fails to perform its function, and hence, the error is displayed. Factors that lead to this issue are listed below:
- When the web connector’s QBWCLOG.TXT file is corrupted for some reason.
- when you are unable to open the web connector’s QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- If the application is unable to write the web connector log file, then this error may occur.
- This issue might appear if the program wasn’t connected to any third-party products.
- This type of error could result from any damage to the QB web connector’s components.
What are the Symptoms of QB Error QBWC1085?
There are other symptoms that a user can face along with the 1085QBWC error. These are listed below:
- If the web connection program’s features are faulty.
- It’s also possible for QuickBooks to be malfunctioning as a sign of this problem.
- The QBWC1085 problem is likely to occur if the QuickBooks Desktop stalls for a few minutes.
- If Windows is not responding, you may also be seeing the QBWC1085 issue.
- if your computer hangs or freezes for a few minutes.
What is the Error Message Shown When Faced with QBWC1085 error QuickBooks?
As this error is one of the common technical errors in the application faced by users. So, when it occurs then the following QuickBooks error message QBWC1085 is displayed.
- There is an issue writing to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log files.
- There was a problem with the log file. The application Web Connector will proceed without the log file.
- Unknown name, this type comes in case of an exception type error.
What are the Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
The QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or the Exception Type Error: Unknown Name can be quite challenging for users to fix. However, by using the methods listed below, they can solve the problem relatively quickly.
Method 1: Ensure to link the company file to the third-party application
The manual method guarantees that the corporate file is linked to third-party software. The following actions might be appropriate for this:
- The first step is to simultaneously press the Windows and R keys.
- The Run window will then appear on the screen.
- After that, enter MSConfig and press the OK button.
- In the Run box, type MSConfig – Screenshot
- The next step is to choose the Startup tab.
- After that, look for the QuickBooks web connector and check the option.
- After that, select the Apply option and then press the OK button.
- The final step is to restart the computer and see whether the QuickBooks online connection problem has been resolved.
Method 2: Rename the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file
If you are faced with the QuickBooks QBWC1085 error, then you can also try to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file as another option to see if the issue has been fixed or not. The following are the steps involved:
- The first step is to open the taskbar and right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector icon.
- Then, click the Exit button, followed by the Windows File Manager.
- After that, navigate to the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- Now, right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select the rename option.
- After that, rename the file QWCLOGOLD.TXT and click the Save button.
- When you’re finished, you must restart the We Connector software.
- The approach ends with a reboot of the machine and reopening of the software.
Method 3: From the start-up menu, remove the web connector
Often users are connected to a third-party program through QuickBooks. If this is the case, then try removing the web connector from the start-up menu. To perform this function, follow the steps below:
- The first step is to log in as the Windows Administrator on your machine.
- After that, navigate to the following command: C:\Program Data\Microsoft\ Windows\ Start Menu \Program\ Start Up.
- For Windows XP, you must take the following steps: All Users/ Start Menu/ Program / Startup.
- The QB Web Connector File must now be removed.
- After that, restart your computer and launch the software.
Web connector is an essential feature in QuickBooks. This application allows users to connect to third-party programs. However, in many instances, issues can arise that can be frustrating while performing duties. The above-mentioned 3 solutions can be easily done by users for fixing the QuickBooks web connector QBWC1085 error, even if they do not have any technical background.
Frequently Asked Question
1. To install the web connector application in the program, you need to do the following.
2. Download the installer from Intuit website
3. Save the file to your desired location
4. Once done, locate the file and right-click to extract it
5. After the extraction, right-click and choose run as administrator
6. Follow the on-screen guide to complete the installation
Web connector is a feature that allows the transfer of data from the application in conjunction with a third-party application.
The QBWC1085 usually happens when the application’s web connector file QWCLOG.TXT
Is corrupted or damaged.
1. Yes, to do so you follow the steps listed below:
2. Open QuickBooks
3. Browse to File Menu
4. Select update web service
5. This will open the web connector
6. Click add application
7. Select the third-party program with .qbw extension.
8. Choose the file to open it.
9. Once done, you are now done adding the application.
Yes, you can do this by using the system Task Manager.