People may report encountering the message “The Update Program Damaged or the 15103 Program Cannot be Opened”. The error can pop up on their devices while trying to update the software. This issue is generally known as the QuickBooks error 15103. If the installer is unavailable on the device or your system has bugs, this accounting software can be affected. That is why when you try updating it, this error code may be observed. Problems in the upgrade procedure can be resolved to fix the error 15103. Other than this, depending on the source of the issue, you can apply a fix that works.
- What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
- How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15103?
- Fix 1: Address the Network Connectivity Issue
- Fix 2: Download the Software Security Certificate
- Fix 3: Update the Internet Explorer Settings
- Fix 4: Restart the System in Normal Startup Mode
- Fix 5: Running QuickBooks File Doctor
- How do I Resolve the Error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop?
- FAQs – Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15103 While Downloading Updates
What Causes the QuickBooks Error Code 15103?
There can be a few reasons indicating why you are facing this 15103 error code when using or upgrading the software. Before you try to troubleshoot them, it is necessary for you first to understand what causes the said error.
· In case you have been facing any network connectivity issues, they might be triggering the problem.
· QuickBooks files not being installed completely might result in hampered files. They may later develop this error.
· The software may fail to verify the Digital Signatures of a file. It can then cause the QuickBooks error code 15103.
· Your system malware might have some issues. Even if the issue is a minor one, it can give way to the error code.
· Either the Windows file may be broken or corrupted.
· The QuickBooks software may not have been installed successfully on your device.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 15103?
Now that you know what exactly causes the QuickBooks update error 15103 to surface, you must try to address every factor. When you find out that your Internet Explorer has an incorrect configuration, trying to fix the same can be thought of. You can also try downloading the accounting software security certificate. Or, using the software in Normal Startup Mode to fix the error code issue can work.
Fix 1: Address the Network Connectivity Issue
An issue as minor as the network connectivity problem can trigger the error 15103 in QuickBooks during updates. The best way to resolve it is by addressing the connectivity issue. All you have to do is make sure that your default browser, Internet Explorer, has certain settings updated.
- First of all, ensure that your default browser is “Internet Explorer”.
- Check that the date and time settings are not incorrect on the workstation.
- Open “Google Chrome” and check the cipher strength from there.
- Now, come back to “Internet Explorer”.
- Open the ”Tools” section.
- Head to the “Internet” option.
- Update the “Settings” here.
Launch the accounting software. Now, you can try to update it. The error 15103 should no longer be occurring.
Fix 2: Download the Software Security Certificate
When the update error 15103 keeps interrupting repeatedly, you can resort to downloading the Security Certificate. Its absence may be affecting the update procedure. Manually, by heading towards the Digital Signature tab on your Windows PC, you will be able to get this certificate. Afterward, you can try to upgrade the software again.
See here how this fix for the QuickBooks update error 15103 has to be initiated:
- You should start by following the “C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks” path.
- Afterward, look for the “QBW32.exe” file in the location.
Tip: Tap on the “More Result” option in the search area if you cannot find this file.
- Next, consider hitting the “Computer” icon once you are led to the next screen.
- You should be able to find the QBW32.exe Windows application. Now, click on the said option.
- Then find the button for “Properties”.
- Head to the “Digital Signature” tab.
- Ensure that “Intuit.inc” is not appearing in the “Signature List”.
- You will hover over the option “Details”.
- Click on the “View Certificate” option.
- Make sure to install the certificate from here.
- Once this is done, keep clicking on the “Next” button until it shows ”Finish”.
- Tap on “Finish”.
- After that, restart your computer system.
- Later, consider opening the software again.
Finish the troubleshooting method by downloading updates for the software again. This should solve the error 15103 issue.
Fix 3: Update the Internet Explorer Settings
You may know that the Internet Explorer browser is necessary for this accounting software to function correctly. Along with this, its settings should also be correct. Only then, the proper configuration can be ensured. Otherwise, problems like the error 15103 can appear in QuickBooks. On experiencing the same, the settings of IE should be fixed.
- Start by opening your “Internet Explorer”.
- Hover to the gear icon and tap on it.
- Select “Internet Options” from there.
- Now, go to the “Security” tab.
- Find the “Trusted Sites” option.
- Click on “Site”.
- Add this “.QuickBooks.com” or “.intuit.com” website to your “Trusted Websites” section.
- Find “Close” and tap on it.
- Go to “Apply” and hit “Ok”.
- Finally, round off the process by checking whether the QuickBooks error 15103 issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Restart the System in Normal Startup Mode
You can restart Windows with only the primary services and drivers by operating the Normal Startup Mode on your device. This mode can work against the error 15103 and start the installed software again. When you install its upgrades in this mode, the chances are less that the error would bug the software.
- First, go to the “Run” section by pressing the “Windows” and “R” keys together.
- Entering “MSCONFIG” in the box is advised.
- Click on “Ok” after you do it.
- When another screen appears, find the “Normal Startup” option.
- Go to the “Apply” button.
- Then tap on “Ok”.
- Make sure that you have followed these steps correctly, and finally, restart the system.
- To troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 15103, begin the software’s update procedure.
Fix 5: Running QuickBooks File Doctor
Tools like QuickBooks File Doctor are meant for removing certain errors. Assuming that the error code 15103 has been bothering you, make no haste in implementing this tool.
You can start by learning how the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is to be used. Then through Tool Hub, you can begin its use. Once it identifies and rectifies the problem, you can start using the software without any issues. The error 15103 during QuickBooks updates should not occur when you attempt to begin this procedure.
How do I Resolve the Error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop?
You may face the error code 15103 in the QuickBooks Desktop version because of installation problems. Given that those problems are fixed, this code will stop appearing. By simply updating the Desktop version in the Safe Mode too, you will receive help in resolving this error.
Fix 1: Reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
Sometimes the easiest of solutions can save much time by resolving a seemingly complicated issue. Hence, the error code 15103 might be overcome when you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop and reinstall it later. While you do so, using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is recommended.
- Move to “Control Panel” on your Windows PC.
- Use “Programs and Features”.
- From here, choose “Uninstall a Program”.
- Then look for “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” option.
- Go through the directions on the display to remove this accounting software.
- Now, open “QuickBooks Tools Hub” on the same PC.
- Select the button for “Installation Issues”.
- Opt for the “Clean Install Tool”.
- Find the version of your software.
- Then tap on “Continue”.
- Hit “Ok” after you see “Please Install Your Copy of QuickBooks to the Default Location”.
- After this, to further resolve the error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop, you should manually try renaming the following folder
- “QuickBooks Desktop Installation”
- Make sure to reinstall the same software on your device again.
- Once you complete the process, check if the error 15103 problem persists.
Fix 2: Update the Software in Safe Mode
The Safe Mode on Windows can allow you to execute the QuickBooks update process without deleting any files. This can reduce hindrances during the process. As a result of this, the error 15103 should stop coming up. Through the dialog box for Run, you can start this fix for eliminating the error 15103 in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open “Run” on your computer.
- Write “msconfig” in it.
- Hit the option of “Ok”.
- Then you have to visit “System Configuration”.
- Here, you must tap on “Apply”.
- Use “Ok” after this.
- The system will ask you to restart it. Once you are notified about this, start the computer again.
- You will not be using the “Safe Mode” on this computer.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop” on it.
- Try updating this software and then confirm whether the error 15103 has been settled.
Primarily, an incomplete installation or corrupt company file can generate error 15103. But fixes like reinstalling the accounting software or running the Safe Mode will quickly solve your problem. If you encounter this error code while working on this software again, these fixes will still remain effective.
FAQs – Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15103 While Downloading Updates
The presence of this error means that an update problem has been encountered. While you try to upgrade QuickBooks, the error 15103 may keep occurring. Hence, you will not be able to update the software until you fix it.
This error may occur if your system has some issues. Or, you can find it when the QuickBooks company files are either corrupt or partially installed. Issues in the accounting software may also result in the error 15103 in QuickBooks Desktop.
You should be able to fix the 15103 update issue by using methods such as addressing the network connectivity issue. To resolve this, you must set IE as your browser by default. Then you can try upgrading the software through this.
Keeping a close eye on the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop is one way to prevent the error 15103. As soon as you get the upgrades without any interference, error codes like this one may not persist.
The error is caused due to multiple factors like failing to verify the Digital Signatures on a company file. Or, unsuccessful installation of the software can also lead to it. Sometimes, when network connectivity is also faulty, QuickBooks error 15103 may be seen.
The apparent signs of the update error 15103 are that it will not let you use the software. An error message may also pop up whenever you try to run the software. Additionally, upgrading it will become challenging.
Yes, the error 15103 in the QuickBooks software can be removed. You can simply check the settings of Internet Explorer. When the correct configuration is indicated, this issue can stop emerging. Otherwise, the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be implemented.
The error 15103 may be occurring in QuickBooks on Windows because either you have some software updates pending or the company files are corrupt. A weak network connection may also cause this error.
Some quick methods to deal with the 15103 error code include updating your Internet Explorer Settings. The reinstallation of the Software can also help. Also, try to download the software updates in the Safe Mode on Windows to quickly remove the bug.