The QuickBooks error 6147 is a part of the 6000 error series occasionally occurring on the accounting software. If your system fails to restore the backups of the company files, this error might show up. The 6147 error may also appear when the software cannot access the company files on your device.
There are certain ways you can fix this issue. Changing the storage location of your company files may help troubleshoot the problem. Using more such ways, when you get this error code on your device frequently, you must try to resolve it immediately. Otherwise, it can take over your files.
- What Factors Lead to the QuickBooks Error 6147?
- How to Fix 6147 0 QuickBooks Error?
- Fix 3: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub File Doctor Feature
- Fix 4: Rebuild Data Option for Company Files
- Resolving the Error 6147 in QuickBooks Desktop
- FAQs – Resolving QuickBooks Error 6147 When Accessing Your Company Files
What Factors Lead to the QuickBooks Error 6147?
There are more than one reasons why this error 6147 might be showing up on your accounting software. First, in case the software fails time and again to open the company files, it might indicate they are damaged. Such files can, later on, result in other error codes too.
- A corrupt Windows Registry may also lead to the inevitable occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 6147 0.
- The .qbw file might be damaged.
- Those backup files causing the error may have been restored from the network drive.
- Your backup file’s name may have exceeded 210 characters.
- This software was not completely installed.
- The version of the software you are using is not up-to-date.
- Your company files contain incorrect data.
Some third-party software may have deleted the mapped drive you opened the company file via. Hence, along with this error, mapped drives may also not be showing in QuickBooks.
How to Fix 6147 0 QuickBooks Error?
Once you get an idea of what factors are causing the QuickBooks error -6147, you can try a few methods to troubleshoot the same. For example, you can try moving your files to another location or consider renaming them. You can also attempt using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the 6147 0 error code.
Fix 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Features
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool application is specially prepared for repairing software installation errors. You can try to mend the broken company files by using this method in case they get damaged during installation. This tool can be downloaded separately or opened directly from the software’s Tool Hub application.
- Close the accounting software on your system.
- Next, the updated version of “QuickBooks Tool Hub” should be installed.
- Save the application files in an easily accessible location.
- Find the“QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file.
- Open the said “.exe” file.
- Follow the pop-up instructions on your screen.
- Select “Agree with the Terms and Conditions”.
- Then, click on “Install”.
- Open the application.
- Find the “Installation Issues” tab.
- Then, tap on the option “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool”.
- Wait for the tool to finish searching for the issue.
Note: The process may take more than 15 minutes, so please be patient. Afterward, you will notice its effectiveness.
Fix 2: Change the .ND and .TLG File Names
.ND and .TLG are especially functional in letting users access and open the data files without errors. But when their names are incorrect or problematic, your data files may not flawlessly work. Trying to rename these files might be a brilliant way to troubleshoot the 6147 0 QuickBooks error you are encountering on the device.
- Go to the folder where you save your company data files.
- Find the files like “XYZ.qbw.nd” and “XYZ.qbw.tlg”.
- Right-clicking once on the said files is needed.
- Select “Rename”.
- Enter “Old File” at the end of the file names.
Open the accounting software and access the company files. See if the error is resolved or not.
Fix 3: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub File Doctor Feature
The QuickBooks File Doctor feature is a helpful one in addressing the errors from the -6000 error series of the software. You can use this specific feature from the Tool Hub application to fix the QuickBooks error 6147 0 on your device following certain easy steps.
The Tool Hub should be downloaded from Intuit’s website www.quickbooks.intuit.com . Move to your server system and run the tool. Find the tab called Company File Issues. From here, you can start using the QuickBooks File Doctor option. In a few minutes, it will help you get rid of the 6147 0 error.
Fix 4: Rebuild Data Option for Company Files
Sometimes, when the accounting software fails to find your company files in the storage location, QuickBooks error 6147 occurs. You can try to move your company files to another accessible location to prevent this 6147 error code issue from happening. In doing so, the Rebuild Data option of the software will be utilized.
- First, “Turn Off” the “Hosting” for the company file on the system.
- Move to the accounting software.
- Go to the “File” option.
- Find the “Utilities” option from the menu.
- Select the “Rebuild Data” option from the list.
- You might receive a pop-up for instant backup of the company files.
- Click on the “Ok” button.
Tip: If a pop-up says that your accounting software is not responding, simply click on “Ok”.
Resolving the Error 6147 in QuickBooks Desktop
Using the Desktop version of this software may not always be an error-proof experience. For example, you can sometimes see the error 6147 0 in QuickBooks Desktop. To troubleshoot the error, you can try closing the running programs of the software on your computer. Any interruptions from these will be prevented. Thus, the error 6147 will stop shooting up.
- Head to the server system.
- Log in “as an Administrator” on the device.
- Hit the “Ctrl”, “Shift”, and “Esc” keys at the same time.
- Go to the “Users” section.
- A list of processes will show up.
- Next, the “qbupdate.exe”, “QBW32.EXE”, and “QBDBMgr.exe” processes should be selected.
- Click on the option “End Task”.
Once these processes are closed or ended, you will be required to “Turn On” the “Multi-user Mode”. Afterward, open the company files to check whether the problem persists.
The error 6147 in QuickBooks might be coming back for different reasons on your devices. That includes a damaged file or inaccessible company file location. Nevertheless, it is easy to overcome the problem by running the suggested feature or options. Despite taking preventive measures, in case the issue occurs, apply the fixes at its earliest to avoid any damage.
FAQs – Resolving QuickBooks Error 6147 When Accessing Your Company Files
The code 6147 is an issue from the Quickbooks error series -6000. Sometimes, users may face this error while trying to access their company files or restore them from the backup. What this error does is prevent the user from opening the data files.
The error code can occur due to certain factors relating to the file or the software itself. If the backup of the company data files has a name exceeding 210 characters, this error may appear. The insertion of incorrect data in the company files may also contribute to the problem.
The error 6147 is a very minute one in the software. The symptoms of this QuickBooks error are also not grave. However, when your system faces trouble while opening the data files, or unsuccessful restoration of the backup, it might indicate a 6147 0 error. You may also see the running program window crashing at times.
You can fix the 6047 error in the QuickBooks software by running the Install Diagnostic Tool from the Tool Hub. You can also use the Rebuild Data feature from the File menu of the accounting software to eliminate the error.
Yes, you can troubleshoot the error code 6147 even when you are using the software’s Desktop version. You can end the unnecessary processes running in the background after logging in as an Administrator on your device. This should resolve the error instantaneously on the Desktop version.