QuickBooks and its versions like Point of Sale (QuickBooks POS) allow users to receive credit and debit payments while selling goods and services to their customers. However, sometimes, you may find difficulties while operating the software because of the QuickBooks error 100. This error can also be encountered on the other versions of the Intuit software like QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. This kind of issue can come up if the accounting program is undergoing some technical problem or is not fully compatible with the system on which it is being run. Properly removing these causes can make your software work smoothly, devoid of the error code 100.
1. Causes behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 100
Users can encounter the QuickBooks error 100 in case the Point of Sale Database Manager stops working. A technical fault can put an obstacle to this service that will eventually create trouble in operating the software.
Likewise, some other circumstances can be the reasons for such a problem:
- The compatibility between the computer and QuickBooks POS may not be enough to run the software.
- Your PC’s Microsoft.Net network may not have been installed properly. Hence, QuickBooks or its versions may show up this error code.
- When you are operating the software on a server, a lack of proper contact is another cause for the error 100.
- Issues in your Windows computer may result in an error.
2. How can I fix QuickBooks Error Code 100?
Restarting your system in case of the QuickBooks error code 100 can help you in resolving it. This fix is quite effective when your system itself is contributing to the error. If the problem persists, then users can also add another user on their Windows computers. As your system will start working afresh, the error code may not arise.
2.1) Fix 1: Restarting the Computer
Sometimes, the system and accounting software may not support each other because of certain issues. Given the scenario, shutting down the computer and starting it again can troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 100. Heading towards the Start button present on the home screen would initiate the procedure with ease.
- Move to the “Start” tab on Windows.
- Next, the “Power” button is to be tapped.
- Now, hit the “Restart” option.
- Wait for the device to properly start over without any interference. Then you can start using it.
After restarting the computer, you need to open QuickBooks to check the rectification of the error 100.
2.2) Fix 2: Adding a New User on Windows
Due to some unknown problems, users may have to face the QuickBooks errors when contacting server 100. It is important to understand that when the software is running on the server, the user account needs to be devoid of faults. When such is not the condition, creating a new user on the Windows system can be helpful. Thus, the error may not occur when the software connects with the server.
- Choose the “Start” tab.
- Then press the “Settings” button.
- In this step, please hit “Accounts”.
- Select the “Family and Other Users” option.
- “Add Someone Else to this PC” is to be clicked on.
- Go through the prompts that come up on the screen for adding up a new user.
- Once the user gets added with success, open the accounting software for confirming the presence of the QuickBooks error when contacting server 100.
3. How can Error 100 be fixed in QuickBooks Desktop POS?
Error 100 might come up in the Desktop Point of Sale version of your accounting software due to some technical glitch. In such a situation, it is recommended to uninstall some of the programs. Later on, you can reinstall the software so that the QuickBooks Desktop POS error 100 gets fixed.
Important: Make sure to create and, later, restore a QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale backup of your data before proceeding with the fix. This is mainly because the fix may affect your data or its integrity.
- Visit the “Search” bar present on the home screen of “Windows 10”.
- Mention “Control Panel” in the given field.
- Tap when the icon for the “Control Panel” appears.
- Then find and click on “Uninstall a Program”.
Note: Windows 8 users can directly move toward the “Start” button. Then you will have to press “More Settings” and select “Control Panel”. Here, the “Uninstall a Program” needs to be chosen.
- After doing so, “QuickBooks Point of Sale XX” is to be right-clicked on.
Note: XX refers to the version year of the accounting software.
- Then you have to hit “Uninstall” to remove the source of the QuickBooks POS error 100 in the Desktop version.
- On the window of “User Account Control”, choose “Continue”.
- To clear the software, the prompts coming up on the window are to be followed.
- Once done, proceed towards the folder called “QuickBooks Point of Sale XX”.
- You can find this folder at the address given below:
- “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX”
- Next, the “QBPOSDBSrvUser” folder placed in the location “C:\Users” needs to be renamed.
- Following this, the “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX” folder also needs to be given another name.
- Once these folders have been renamed, the “QBPOSDBSrvUser” login for Windows has to be removed.
- Tap on the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time.
- On the dialog box of “Run”, enter “User Accounts”.
- Select “Enter” in this step.
- Now, choose “Manage User Accounts”.
- Navigate yourself to “Manage Another Account”.
- Then the “QBPOSDBSrvUser” is to be clicked on.
- After this, go for “Delete the Account”.
- To provide the confirmation, hit “Yes”.
- To give effect to this fix for the QuickBooks POS error code 100 in the Desktop version, you then need to restart the computer. Then you can install QBDT POS.
- Lastly, verify if the error 100 has been fixed.
4. How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 100?
When undergoing the QuickBooks POS error 100, closing its Database Manager and opening it again can lead you to its fix. Apart from this, setting up your QuickBooks POS through the official download website can provide you with the latest updates. Thus, you do not have to face the trouble again. Additionally, with the deletion of the Entitlement Client folder too, users can get rid of the issue of POS error 100.
4.1) Fix 1: Restarting QBPOS Database Manager
The Database Manager consists of several programs through which the details of the database of QuickBooks POS are regulated. However, QuickBooks Point of Sale server error 100 can come up if the Database Manager is undergoing some fault. This can not only reflect database issues but server errors as well. Hence, by starting it again the problem can be eliminated.
Note: The following fix is to be performed right when the error appears on the display of QBPOS.
- Tap the “Ok” option appearing on the error dialog box.
- Then your PC needs to be restarted.
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the “Windows” and “R” buttons together.
Tip: Users having Windows 7 or Vista can opt for the “Start” tab and then visit “All Programs”. Next, you need to head towards the “Accessories” option and hit “Run”. Those using Windows XP can directly head to the “Start” tab. Then they can select “Run”.
- Type “services.msc” in the space provided.
- Hit the “Ok” tab.
- Press “QBPOS Database Manager vXX”.
- Now, opt for the “Start” option.
- If the “Start” button is not available, then go for the “Restart” feature.
As the QBPOS Database Manager starts over, it will be able to work more efficiently. The QuickBooks POS error 100, as a consequence of this, should not be seen any further.
4.2) Fix 2: Getting Updates for POS
Outdated software can hinder its working and users might have to go through the error code 100 on POS. Thus, it is better to have the updates beforehand and execute their functioning. The QuickBooks Download Website can be one of the best options through which you can know about the updates earlier. You also need to make the setup for getting the updates to begin the process.
Here is how the QuickBooks POS error code 100 can be fixed through recent updates:
- Head to the “QuickBooks Download Website” or tap on the link given below:
- Choose “Standard Setup”.
- “Country” needs to be selected.
- In the “Product” column, click on “QuickBooks Point of Sale”.
- Choose the “Edition of the Product” among the options mentioned:
- Next, select its “Version”.
- Tap on the “Search” button to continue.
- Hit “Get the Latest Updates” now.
- Keep following the directions appearing on the window for installing the software.
4.3) Fix 3: Clearing Entitlement Client Folder’s Files
The Entitlement Client folder is a file created by Intuit that is downloaded automatically while users install QBPOS. Removing this file can also help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks POS error 100. This is mainly because sometimes the file may not be correctly downloaded or be corrupt. Hence, it may draw interference. This file is stored in the C:\ drive through which the users can locate it and opt for its clearance. Thus, they can finally get rid of the error 100.
- Go to “Windows Explorer”.
- Move to “C:\ProgramData(x86)\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8”.
- For selecting all the files, tap the “Ctrl” and “A” buttons together.
- After this, hit the “Delete” tab.
- Choose “Yes” for the confirmation.
- Navigate to QBPOS.
- Now, re-register yourself again and start working on the software.
The QuickBooks error 100 in the Point of Sale version should be resolved. In case you are able to see it still, ensure that you registered the software using the correct details.
4.4) Fix 4: Restarting QBPOSShell.exe
QBPOSShell.exe is an important file. Much like the Entitlement Client folder, it gets downloaded during the installation of the Point of Sale software. Starting the file all over again can be one of the easiest options when you come across the QuickBooks POS error 100. It can be located in the Task Manager of your system. This is where you need to look for and start the file again as a POS 100 error code fix.
- The “Start” button is to be right-tapped.
- Select “Task Manager” or press the “Ctrl”+“Shift”+ “Esc” keys together.
- In case you find the option named “More Details”, tap on it.
- Else, press the “Details” tab.
- Now, find and click on “QBPOSShell.exe”.
- Then opt for the “End Task” option.
- Shut the window of “Task Manager”.
- Visit the QuickBooks Point of Sale software to check whether the problem has been resolved along with restarting the said file.
In the End
Sometimes a server issue and other times a glitch, the error 100 can be bothersome. Understanding the root causes behind QuickBooks error 100 can help you in preventing the situation. Once it becomes known to you, you can easily carry out the fix. The blog not only assisted you in learning about the fixes for the issue but also gave you a brief on the reasons which can help in its prevention.