QuickBooks error 1321 is a common error that can occur when installing QuickBooks. 1321 error means that the installation cannot write to a file.
This can happen if the installer does not have sufficient permissions to write to a file. It is a noticeable problem, but it can be easily fixed by simply updating the installer’s permissions to the file.
Apart from that, the problem can occur for a variety of reasons. In this post, we will look at the many reasons and solutions for the issue.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 1321
The occurrence of QuickBooks error code 1321 can be caused by a number of factors. We have already mentioned some of them in this section of the article.
- The QuickBooks installation process is now faster than copying a file.
- Another cause may be incorrect antivirus or firewall settings.
- Windows permissions are not assigned correctly, so you cannot access a file you need.
- The file you are trying to access is already being used by other software or is corrupted.
Methods to Resolve Error 1321 in QuickBooks
Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can use to solve error 1321 insufficient privilege QuickBooks. Each approach describes a step-by-step procedure. You can use any of the listed methods, and if one does not work, you can try another.
Please try to update again.
The easiest and most obvious way is to repeat the download and then install the update. Follow the instructions.
- If you receive the error, you must choose the option to retry the download.
- If the problem still occurs after the retry, you need to click the Cancel button.
- After that, you need to temporarily disable your antivirus program on your PC.
- Reinstall QuickBooks on your computer.
Refresh all privileges
The following workaround on the list is to change the privileges required to install QuickBooks. To refresh the privileges, follow the procedures described.
If you see the AcrobatConnect.cfg error when installing QuickBooks software, you need to update the appropriate permissions for it.
If you have Windows XP Professional,
- The first step is to start Internet Explorer on your computer.
- To do this, tap the Windows key and the E key at the same time.
- Once done, you need to navigate to the parent folder of the QuickBooks error 1321.
- Now, select the parent folder and then select the Properties option.
- When you see the Security option.
- Select it.
- Select the Administrator option followed by the Groups option.
If you are running Windows XP,
- The first step is to shut down computer and then restart it.
- Then, when you see the Windows icon on your screen
- Press the F8 key.
- Now select the option to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press the Enter key.
- After that, you need to follow the instructions to change the permissions.
- Reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
- Click on the system icon and then on the option to grant full access to the user.
- Select the Security option and then the Advanced option.
- Once done, you need to select the Replace permissions option.
- Close the Properties window.
- Click the OK button.
Create a new administrator account
The next option is to create a new administrator account. You must give the new account all administrative rights. Follow the instructions.
- The first step is to press the start button on the screen.
- After that, you need to navigate to the Control Panel of your system and select the User Account option.
- After that, you need to select the option to add a new user.
- Now you need to enter the name of the account and select the type of account as Admin.
- After that, you need to choose the option to create an account.
- You must now log out of the system with the account you are now using.
- After that, you need to log in to the system with the new account you have created.
Run the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool.
Since the error 1321 QuickBooks is related to the installer, you should try to determine the cause of the problem. You can use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to detect and fix installation difficulties.
- Before you begin, make sure you uninstall the QuickBooks software and close any other application that that may be running on your computer.
- Then, start downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub from a trusted source.
- Now save the downloaded file to your screen.
- Launch all the downloaded files and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Agree to the legal document to complete the process.
- Once the tool is installed correctly,
- Open it by clicking on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- After you open the QuickBooks Tool Hub,
- Go to the Installation Issues tab located on the left side
- On QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, click it.
When you click on the tool button, your application will start scanning and repairing the errors that are preventing you from using the enterprise data. Once this is complete, you need to restart your computer and check if there are any installation issues while using QuickBooks.
Disable antivirus software.
QuickBooks can be blocked by antivirus software and prevent you from performing activities. Here you can learn how to disable it:
- Click the Antivirus icon on the Windows taskbar.
- Now right-click and then click Disable Antivirus.
QuickBooks error 1321 can be annoying as it displays issues regarding insufficient privileges. However, in this blog, you will find information that covers all the methods to address this issue. We hope that the given procedures will be useful for this technical anomaly. If the problem continues, you can always approach the technical support team.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
You can fix QuickBooks error 1321 using the following methods:
· Disabling the antivirus program
· Use the Install Diagnostic Tool
· Create a new window user
· Change the windows of the Access folder
To determine whether your software file is corrupted or not, you need to check your QuickBooks file data. Here are the steps:
1. Close the software, and select File.
2. Click on Utilities.
3. Click Check Data once.
4. This will detect any corruption in your file.