QuickBooks Error Code 429 typically occurs when users attempt to export tax form worksheets in the Employee tab. The error message displayed reads, “Cannot connect to QuickBooks, and towards the bottom of the screen, Error 429 – ActiveX Component can’t create an Object.” If you have encountered this error, this comprehensive guide will help you resolve it.
- What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 429?
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 429
- Solution 1: Uninstall Antivirus Programs on Your System
- Solution 2: Update Microsoft Office to the Latest Version
- Solution 3: Ensure Compatibility Between QuickBooks and Excel
- Solution 4: Get QuickBooks Desktop Update Manually
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 429?
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 429. A few common causes include:
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application
- Incompatible version of Excel installed on the system
- Blocked scripts due to antivirus programs
- Outdated Microsoft Office
- Corruption or damage in the QuickBooks Desktop software
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 429
To fix QuickBooks Error Code 429, follow the solutions outlined below. These solutions have been compiled from various sources to provide a comprehensive and effective approach.
Solution 1: Uninstall Antivirus Programs on Your System
Antivirus programs may block scripts running in Excel, which can lead to QuickBooks error 429. To resolve this, uninstall the antivirus applications on your system by following these steps:
1.1 For Windows 10 Users:
- On the main display, navigate to the Start menu.
- Pick the Control Panel option.
- Use the Programs category and Tap on Uninstall a program.
- Look for the antivirus programs on your system that you want to remove, and then Tap on them to select the Uninstall option.
- When it’s uninstalled, restart the system.
1.2 For Windows 8 Users:
- While in Desktop Mode, Tap on Settings.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features.
- Tap on the antivirus program to remove and then Pick Uninstall.
- Reboot your machine when completed.
1.3 For Windows 7 Users:
- Begin by tapping the Start menu and navigating to the Control Panel.
- Under the Programs category, Pick the Programs and Features option.
- Tap on the antivirus program that you must remove.
- Pick the Uninstall/Change tab.
- Finally, reboot your PC when prompted.
Solution 2: Update Microsoft Office to the Latest Version
An outdated version of Microsoft Office can be the root cause of Error 429 – ActiveX Component cannot create an Object. Update it to the latest release by following these instructions:
- Launch an Office app and create a new file.
- Tap on the File menu located at the top
- Pick an Account (or Office Account in the case of Outlook).
- Underneath the Product Information option, Tap on Update Options.
- Press the Update Now button.
- Pick Enable Updates first if not visible
- Once completed exit the window.
Solution 3: Ensure Compatibility Between QuickBooks and Excel
If you are using a 32-bit version of QuickBooks with a 64-bit version of Excel, QuickBooks Error Code 429 may appear. To fix this, uninstall the 64-bit version of Office and install the 32-bit version.
Solution 4: Get QuickBooks Desktop Update Manually
An out-of-date QuickBooks program can be the reason for errors like QuickBooks error 429. You need to get the latest Update of the QuickBooks by following these steps:
- Shut QuickBooks and exit the company file.
- Open the Start menu on your screen and search for the QuickBooks application.
- Click twice on QuickBooks and pick “Run as admin”
- A dialog box titled “No Company Open” will appear.
- On the top of the “No Company Open” window,
- Tap on “Help” and pick the “Update” option.
- Go to the “Options” tab
- On Mark everything or all select all available options.
- Hit “Save to save the changes.
- Navigate to the “Update Now” tab.
- pick the update reset box.
- Finally, click on “acquire updates”.
- Wait for it to complete.
- Once finished, relaunch QuickBooks.
- Restart your system to ensure all changes take effect.
Solution 5: Fix QuickBooks Desktop and Try Running Payroll Data in Excel
To resolve QuickBooks Error Code 429, follow these steps to repair QuickBooks Desktop on your system and eliminate any issue caused by the software
- Begin by restarting your computer.
- Backup of your company file
- Open the Start menu and click on the Control Panel.
- Select the Programs and Features option.
- If available, locate the Uninstall program option.
- Locate QuickBooks Desktop in the provided list.
- Tap on the Desktop application of QuickBooks
- Pick Uninstall or Change.
- Choose to Continue and then proceed with Next.
- Select the Repair feature.
- Click Next to complete the procedure.
- Once the procedure is finished, click on complete or finish..
- reboot if required to do so.
To see if QuickBooks error 429 still appears run the payroll data or report after fixing the QuickBooks.
- Tap on the Reports feature from the top menu.
- From the drop-menu list, Pick the Employees & Payroll option.
- Tap on the Summarize Data Payroll option in Excel.
- Press the Enable Content tab.
- Pick the Dates option and hit on the Get or Acquire QuickBooks Data feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error Code 429 is an error that occurs when users attempt to export tax form worksheets in the Employee tab.
The 429 error can be caused by several factors, including outdated QuickBooks Desktop application, incompatible version of Excel installed on the system, blocked scripts due to antivirus programs, outdated Microsoft Office, and corruption or damage in the QuickBooks Desktop software.
To fix this error, try uninstalling antivirus programs, updating Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop.
Updating QuickBooks Desktop can help resolve this error if it is caused by an outdated QuickBooks application.
Check the system requirements for your specific version of QuickBooks to ensure that it is compatible with the installed version of Excel.
Yes, antivirus programs can block scripts running in Excel, leading to QuickBooks Error Code 429.
If the problem continues, contact the QuickBooks team for further assistance.
It is advisable to restart your system after repairing QuickBooks Desktop.
Yes, after resolving QuickBooks Error Code 429, you should be able to run payroll reports in Excel without any issues.