QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting and bookkeeping software used worldwide. However, most users often complain about the errors they encounter while using the program regularly. Here we shall discuss one such error known as – QuickBooks runtime error R6025.
This issue normally occurs when a user tries to open their QB application. The message that is shown on the screen is “Program Files (x86) Intuit QuickBooks (version) qbw32.exe R6025 – Pure virtual functional call.” To learn more about error R6025, keep reading the information below.
- Factors that Lead to Runtime Error R6025 in QuickBooks.
- Quick and Easy Ways to Fix QuickBooks runtime Error R6025
Factors that Lead to Runtime Error R6025 in QuickBooks.
Let us now look into the factors that lead to the runtime error R6025 in QuickBooks. The most frequent causes of this issue are listed below:
- If there are any special characters such as “@, #, %” in the items listed.
- The company name or the vendor data is fewer than 32 characters.
- Using websites that show script errors.
Quick and Easy Ways to Fix QuickBooks runtime Error R6025
We have now reached the section of the article where we discuss some actions that can be taken to permanently eliminate the QuickBooks runtime library problem. Follow closely
Method 1: Launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks (QB) Install Diagnostic Tool is made to fix common installation issues on your software. Here’s how to utilize the Tool to resolve this runtime error:
- If you are logged into the system as a basic user, sign out and log back in with your administrator login information.
- Visit the official Intuit website to get the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Install the Tool Hub without disruption, then launch it when finished.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option by clicking the Installation Issues tab.
- Give the Tool permission to perform a session to diagnose and fix your device. Be patient; this could take a few minutes.
- After the procedure is finished
- Restart your computer.
- Then launch QuickBooks.
Method 2: Update your Windows Operating System to the Most Recent Version Available
The goal of updating Windows is to protect your computer from viruses and other potential threats. To download the most recent updates, adhere to the following steps:
- To log into your device, use your Administrator login information.
- To access the Start menu, click the Windows symbol.
- Type “Settings” into the search box, then choose the Settings option.
- From the Update and Security menu.
- Select Windows Update
- Click the Check for Updates button to finish. Allow the software to install any updates that are available.
- Start QuickBooks after restarting your computer.
Method 3: Use Selective Startup Mode Reinstall QuickBooks
Numerous faults that occur with the application can be resolved by performing a clean install of QuickBooks (QB). By doing this, bugs from the earlier QuickBooks installation are eliminated. Here’s how to do it:
- First, remove QuickBooks Desktop using Control Panel’s Programs and Features.
- Press the Windows key plus R on your keyboard.
- The Run dialogue box will open
- Type MSCONFIG into the search box
- Click OK to continue.
- When routed to the System Configuration window, select General from the list of options, then check the boxes next to the following
- Selective Startup
- Load the System Service
- Select the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option under the Services section.
- Select “Disable All” from the menu.
- Uncheck “Hide all Microsoft Services” and then go through each service mentioned in the window.
- Select the Windows Installer box, click OK, and then choose Restart.
- Next, use the QB installation file to reinstall QuickBooks.
- To return to the Normal Startup mode and restart, follow steps 2 through 4.
Method 4: Verify the Microsoft NET Framework 3.5
Many apps and software such as QuickBooks rely on Microsoft NET Framework to function properly. Still, they encounter the runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call frequently. If you are facing QuickBooks runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call, try fixing the NET framework to see if it helps. As follows:
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the Run dialogue box by pressing the Win + R keys, and then click the OK button.
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off option from the left pane in the pop-up window.
- To save it, uncheck the.NET Framework 3.5 box and press the OK button.
- Restart your Windows PC, and then follow the previous process to reopen the Windows Features panel.
- Click the OK button after selecting the.NET Framework 3.5 checkbox.
- You can now restart your computer to see if the runtime error r6025 has been resolved or not.
It is time to wrap up the information on how to fix QuickBooks runtime error R6025, which covers the most precise and helpful information about the causes and troubleshooting techniques of the issue.
After understanding the fixes above, you will be able to remove the problem once and for all. However, if you are still unable to cope with the error and wish to clarify uncertainties then you can seek guidance from a certified technician.
Frequently Asked Questions
The QuickBooks runtime error R0625 can be due to several reasons. To fix the issue make use of the QB install diagnostic tool. Besides this, you need to update your windows with the recent updates.
Yes, a clean install will help in resolving the runtime error R6025. You can use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to perform the function.
Many applications such as QuickBooks depend on the .NET framework to run smoothly. If there is an issue, then the software will not run as required.