According to the Reject Code IL1040-8200-1 given by the State of Illinois, taxpayers need to correct some information on their returns. This may refer to the driver’s license number or the State ID number. If both these numbers have been entered inaccurately or don’t match the data, taxpayers will be notified through this reject code.
- Another error that you might receive from the State of Illinois with respect to taxes is IL1040-10500-3 where the tax return is rejected due to an invalid signature field of the secondary taxpayer.
- IL1040-8000-2 name and other information do not match.
- Il1040-9900-2 the state of Illinois is asking to rectify information on your returns.
What Steps Do I need to Take to Resolve IL1040-8200-1?
To correct the issue of IL1040-8200-1, the foremost thing that you need to do is to authenticate all information. You need to check that the number on the driver’s license ID or the State ID entered in your tax returns matches the one issued to you. If there is any correction to be made, you must do it promptly and then refile your returns.
In some cases, you might have entered the correct information but still receive the reject code IL1040-8200-1. When this happens, you need to follow up with the respective authorities of your state to update your database or understand why such an occurrence happened and how can it be resolved.
As soon as you have finished with all corrections and your records have been updated by the State, you can submit the tax documents again for processing.
What are the Steps to Be Taken in TurboTax to Fix IL1040-8200-1?
The reject code IL1040-8200-1 can be displayed even if you are using any application to file your taxes electronically. In case, you are using TurboTax and need to rectify your State ID or driver’s license information, you can follow the steps below to correct it.
- Log in to your TurboTax account and navigate to your Illinois state tax return.
- Review the information you provided for the Primary Taxpayer’s Driver’s License number or State ID number. Check that the number you entered matches the information on the actual Driver’s License or State ID.
- If the number you entered is incorrect, correct the number in TurboTax and refile your Illinois state tax return.
- If the number you entered is correct, but it does not match the information on file with the State’s office, update your records with the State’s office and then correct the number in TurboTax and refile your Illinois state tax return.
- Once you have corrected the error, resubmit your Illinois state tax return using TurboTax.
You can always contact the TurboTax support team if you are unable to correct IL1040-8200-1
IL1040-8200-1 is a reject code that can occur when filing an Illinois state tax return. This code indicates that taxpayers must correct improper information such as the driver’s license or state ID number. The above information will help guide you to rectify it seamlessly to have your tax documents processed smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
IL1040-8200-1 is a reject code that indicates there is an issue with the information in tax returns.
IL1040-8200-1 is caused when the driver’s license or state ID number provided on the return does not match the information on file with the Illinois State’s office.
If you receive this code, check the driver’s license or state ID number entered. Then correct the information on your tax return and resubmit it.
No, the tax return cannot be processed until the issue causing the reject code is resolved.
The time to resolve the reject code depends on the specific issue and the steps needed to correct it.
Yes, you can file an amended return to correct the information that caused the reject code.
Yes, you can contact the State’s office to confirm the correct number.
If the issue causing the reject code is not resolved, you may owe additional taxes or penalties for late filing.
It depends on the specific issue. If additional documentation is needed, the Illinois Department of Revenue will notify you.