The QuickBooks error 15222 is an indicator of various problems. At times, it will show the presence of payroll update issues. In some instances, the error will hint that certain components are missing. Since the nature of the error code can vary, there is no fixed approach to troubleshooting it. You can try a combination of fixes, especially when the exact cause is not identified by you. Before executing any fixes for the error code 15222, you should confirm the version of the software you are using. In sync with that, you will be able to apply measures with more impact.
- 1. Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 15222
- 2. How do You Fix the QuickBooks Error 15222?
- 3. Can You Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15222?
- FAQs – Identifying How the QuickBooks Error 15222 is Caused and its Troubleshooting Measures
1. Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 15222
You can find the 15222 error because of varying causes in QuickBooks and its versions. Sometimes, the causes will be traced back to a drive, file, or component linked to the software. The issues persisting in these elements will be responsible for the QuickBooks error 15222.
To know which cause, in specific, is resulting in the error, see the points below:
- Your software may not have been updated.
- This error might be seen by users accessing a shared drive. Due to incorrect mapping, the error 15222 can be found.
- It is important to ensure that the time and date of your system are correct. Otherwise, the 15222 error can come up in the software.
- The following applications may be preventing the accounting software to connect to the internet:
- You may have set a different browser as the default one instead of Internet Explorer (IE).
- Not using a Windows Admin account is another cause of the error 15222.
- You can understand this error as a payroll update issue too. Missing components/files can create problems in updating payroll and, hence, the QuickBooks error 15222 payroll update issue is an outcome.
- The digital signatures required for the software may either be missing or not authentic.
2. How do You Fix the QuickBooks Error 15222?
Users are suggested to run the software using IE. This is because the browser can fix the error code since it will properly support QuickBooks. Other than this, you must make certain that every important digital signature is accessible on your system. If not, then you can install it in an attempt to repair the QuickBooks error code 15222.
2.1) Fix 1: Get Digital Signature Using IE
When you have a digital signature for QuickBooks, you can be sure of the software’s authenticity. Provided that the signature is unavailable or you cannot locate it, you may find troubles such as the QuickBooks error 15222. To deal with this error, you should get the signature back. To install it, you can use the Windows File Manager. It will provide you with the prompts required for proper installation.
- You need to get to the “Windows File Manager”
- Then you have to write “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” in this manager.
- The user has to press the key for “Enter”.
- Your folder for the software will be seen. In it, find “QBW32.exe”.
- Right-tap on this file. Then its “Properties” will be visible. Open these.
- A tab called “Digital Signature” will appear. Multiple signatures will be available here.
- Tap on “Details” after seeing the signature “Intuit Inc”.
- An option named “View Certificate” will come up.
Note: If you are unable to find the option above, then go to the section with the title “Digital Signature Details”. Below this, the said option will be located.
- Look for “Certificate”.
- Press the button “Install Certificate”.
- Hit “Next”.
- On seeing “Finish”, press the option.
- Repeat the step given above one more time.
- Turn off your PC and start it again.
When your PC is on and starts running, the error 15222 should not be seen in the software. Nevertheless, to make this fix more impactful, you can update to the latest release of QuickBooks.
2.2) Fix 2: Use IE as a Default Web Browser
Updating QuickBooks is vital. At the same time, it is important to download the updates using the right browser. In relation to this software, IE is the suggested web browser. It is preferable to make it your default program for using this software. By not ensuring this, the update may not be successful. In this scenario, when you start noticing the QuickBooks update error 15222, try to change your default browser and switch it to Internet Explorer. Then the error code 15222 should stop occurring.
- See to it that “Internet Explorer” is running.
- Then you have to hit the option “Tools”.
- Below this, you will find “Internet Options”.
- Head to the tab that says “Programs”.
- In Step 3, you have to choose “Make Internet Explorer the Default Browser”.
- Tap on “Ok” to implement the change.
- Start updating the accounting software followed by this.
3. Can You Resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15222?
As a result of numerous issues, you may find the 15222 error in this software. Regardless of these, 2 fixes can work for most users. Firstly, they can get the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Its implementation should clear the error code. In addition to this, the QuickBooks Desktop update error 15222 can be repaired after turning on admin rights on Windows. They will help you install the updates and also keep the error at bay.
3.1) Fix 1: Taking the Help of QuickBooks File Doctor
When you have access to a tool like QuickBooks File Doctor, you can’t be bothered by the error 15222 in the Desktop version. It can ward off the error code by mending network problems. As you would know, these problems are one of the causes of the QuickBooks Desktop error 15222, the tool is likely to be a good troubleshooting measure.
It is simple to understand how to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool via the Tool Hub. Follow every prompt given during its use to troubleshoot the Desktop version error.
When this issue occurs again, you will find it helpful to use the same tool. Not only this, its use can be effective for resolving several other codes too. When you are bothered by additional problems such as the code 15270 or the error 15240 in QuickBooks Desktop, this tool should be put to action. Since the 15XXX series errors are related, the File Doctor Tool will debug them with ease.
3.2) Fix 2: Use the Software with Admin Rights
Administrator rights are essential when you have to run QuickBooks Desktop. Should these rights be missing, then the error 15222 can make its presence. To get rid of it, you can enable these rights. You must locate the properties of this software in order to turn them on. Soon after doing this, the QuickBooks Desktop update error 15222 should not be seen.
- Find out whether any company file is open on the system.
- Then close each file.
- Find the icon given for “QuickBooks Desktop”. Right-tap on it.
- Choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Hit the tab for “Yes” after you find this message:
- “Do You Want to Allow this Program to Make Changes to Your Computer?”
- Get the updates for “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Then you have to download the updates for “Payroll Tax Table”.
Drawing to a Conclusion
While the update process is a common cause of the error 15222, you should be mindful of other factors too. This will ensure that you are able to deal with the error in a better way. On seeing the occurrence of the QuickBooks update error 15222, you should be geared up with the right measures. The insights gained via this blog would have helped you understand the issue and know the measures too.
FAQs – Identifying How the QuickBooks Error 15222 is Caused and its Troubleshooting Measures
The QuickBooks Enterprise error 15222 may be occurring due to a lack of updates. Therefore, you should try to update the software. Ensure that the installation of the updates is bothered by no intervention. This is likely to fix the error 15222.
Payroll is a feature available in this accounting software. When you try to get the updates for it, the process may fail. This may cause the error 15222 as well. Thus, this error will show that there is some problem in the procedure for downloading the updates.
It is simple to fix this error code when you can meet requirements such as the installation of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. It will establish a proper connection with the software so that the QuickBooks Desktop error 15222 stops emerging. Thus, this tool is the main requirement that you should fulfill.
Some users may see this error code because of applications like antivirus and firewall. They can restrict the accounting software from connecting with your internet. Without this facility, QuickBooks may not be able to work. Consequently, you can find the error code 15222 in it.
It must be noted that updates for QuickBooks are often released. Hence, every time you update it, there may be some chance of seeing an error like the QuickBooks error 15222. On the basis of this, it can be said that this error code can occur again.
You should be able to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15222 payroll update issue by properly upgrading the feature. For making this certain, the updates must be downloaded from an authentic source. There should be a proper internet connection to execute the process. Also, there should not be any interference that can create issues with the updates.
Outdated software is a common cause of this error code. However, the error 15222 in QuickBooks Enterprise can additionally be a result of using a Windows system that lacks administrator rights. Furthermore, the digital signatures for the program may be missing.
There are possibilities of the error 15222 occurring on Windows. On this OS, security applications such as antivirus are often installed. They can yield interference that may contribute to this error code. Otherwise, when you do not have access to the admin rights on Windows, QuickBooks may show the error 15222.
Not being able to download the updates is the initial sign of the QuickBooks error 15222. You may also notice that the accounting software is not working as it usually does. There can be other signs, varying as per the version of the software.